Founder and Managing Director
- BSc (Guelph University Ontario Canada)
- MA Arts, Environmental History (Guelph University Ontario Canada)
- MSc Chiropractic (Macquarie University NSW Australia)
- Functional Movement Screening and Functional Integrative Needling.
- Melbourne Angels Group (early stage inclusive group of investors and entrepreneurs)
- EO – Entrepreneurs Organisation
- Abundance 360 Community (Entrepreneur mentoring group)
To say that James is obsessed with technology would be an understatement, although this is only one of his many passions! His family, organic farming and growing his own food all play a huge role in Dr. Murray’s life and of course let’s not forget his keen interest in exponential technology and innovation, artificial Intelligence and robotics.
James is driving Work Healthy Australia forward to provide faster, better and cheaper ways for businesses to resolve their complex health and wellbeing people problems.
Almost 20 years ago, Dr James Murray founded Work Healthy Australia as the Soft Tissue Centre to respond to the growing need for treating injured workers on site.
Long before he started the company, James was known as an innovator who constantly looked for game-changing injury solutions. Prior to founding Work Healthy Australia, he provided care for the Australian PGA Tour, Ironman Triathlon, and the Sydney Olympics. Over time, he developed special skills and knowledge in occupational health and safety, repetitive strain syndrome (RSI), carpal tunnel syndrome, sprains and strains, worker’s compensation, early intervention programs, and corporate health and wellbeing programs.
Now that James works directly with businesses, he uses an early intervention approach to reduce WorkCover claims and resolve workplace injuries without surgery, while enabling a happy, healthy workplace and bottom line. He also has a passion for research and has been collecting treatment effectiveness data since 2000. With over 15 years of data, he has been able to develop predictive analytics that are used to improve clinical training and care.
In addition to leading Work Healthy Australia, James is a natural speaker and engaging storyteller. He loves inspiring audiences to improve the way they approach workplace health and wellbeing. James has spoken around the world about a diverse range of topics, including:
- The pre-employment assessment route to minimising worker’s compensation claims and how to effectively stop hiring broken people
- Innovative strategies and success stories about how to manage an aging workforce and keep people working
- Ten steps to developing an effective early intervention strategy that makes on-site injury treatment your most powerful health and wellbeing tool
- How to structure and fund a meaningful workplace health and wellbeing program that delivers significant outcomes, not just a feel-good factor
To find out more or to book James to speak your next event, call 1300 734 643 or email email@example.com